Thursday, October 30, 2008

Requiem

Under the wide and starry sky,
Dig the grave and let me lie,
Glad I did live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.
This be the verse you grave for me:
Here he lies where he longed to be;
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.


I have coffee. A big, paper cup full of it. Complete with an odd looking cardboard hand protector that asks me to recycle. Perhaps I will.

I also have a phone number. Her phone number. I don't know how I got it. I don't remember. But it's here in my hand.
Now I need a phone.
Perhaps... Perhaps I will relent and buy one later.
It will be nice to leave the house again. Sitting here with the curtains closed to protect my father from the daylight makes me feel...
Something negative.

She said something about going for a drink one evening. I think that means going to a pub. I doubt she'd like my version of a night cap very much.
She said to 'text' her.

I bought some sweets for the trick or treaters on my way home. It is Halloween tomorrow, or so the shop signs keep telling me. The eve of Samhain, the festival of the Dead. Fitting.
I wonder how the children would feel knocking on my front door if they knew what I was.

I am still considering killing my father as he sleeps. No, that's incorrect. I'm still wondering why I haven't killed my father yet. I have no reason to be merciful. Perhaps... Perhaps when I go out to get a phone I will buy him some clothes and leave him outside the city. Guildford is not the place for him. I protect this City, in my own special way.
I am not greedy, and I do not kill for pleasure. I spend hours at night, trawling the streets for muggers, rapists, murderers.
He has no right coming here, ruining it for me.

Yes. I will take him from the City tonight.

Now, I will go buy a phone.

Tarvoris

No comments: